Hello food friends!
You know those days where you desperately need something sweet but don’t have anything in the house? That’s basically everyday for me…but thank goodness for these cookies! They just take three ingredients and couldn’t be easier to throw together. I was first introduced to them by my good friend and former college room mate, Megan. They will forever be known to me as Megan Cookies, and they bring back fun college memories each time I make them. (:
Here’s what you’ll need
Yes that’s it. No, there’s nothing hiding behind the oats. Your first step is to mash the banana!
Next, add some oats. There’s no measuring in this recipe (Megan’s hardcore like that), so simply add enough oats till the mixture is stiff enough to hold a cookie shape.
And finally, add as many mini chocolate chips as your heart desires. My heart, obviously, desires a lot of chocolate chips.
Spoon onto a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
That’s it! I know it seems too good to be true, but trust me, it’s a perfect sweet treat you can enjoy without feeling too guilty. Oats and bananas? How healthy!
1 ripe banana
Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 350° F
2. Peel and mash banana in a bowl
3. Add oats while stirring until the mixture is stiff enough to maintain a cookie shape. It will still be soft.
4. Add as many chocolate chips as you would like. Stir to combine
5. Using a spoon or your hands, place blobs (yes, they will look like blobs) of the mixture onto a sprayed cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and let cool completely. This is important! If you don’t let them cool, they will fall apart in your hands.
8. Eat them all!!!
Enjoy! And thank you, Megan!